How Wrist Pain Can Predict Your Future
I’m sure you have never thought about this before but wrist pain really can predict your future! In fact, without even knowing you, I can predict your future if you have wrist pain. Don’t believe me? Check this out! If you have wrist pain, here’s what I predict:
- I see many days, even weeks of pain.
- I see pressure building in your hand but especially your wrist
- I see that you have lost your grip
- I see pins and needles in your immediate future
- I see a warm feeling coming over you; your wrist…it’s probably not of the fuzzy variety.
- I see a visit to a really cool place…maybe the Idaho Hand Institute
- I see that you are going to get better!
- Rest your wrist for at least 48 hours
- Ice your wrist- this will help with swelling and pain
- Compress the joint with an Ace wrap
- Elevate the arm
- If needed immobilize the wrist with a brace
- You may need to take some over the counter pain medications